Latest post Sun, Nov 27 2022 5:47 AM by julietburn. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 17 2021 8:43 AM

NEXIS Client 19.12.0.5 not seeing Storage on Catalina?

Hi,

Saw that NEXIS client 2019.12 added Mac OS Catalina support and decided to test it on one of our new 16" MacBook Pros. After a clean install of the client, the NEXIS client opens fine, but is not showing any of our NEXIS storage solutions. I've confirmed that the remote hosts settings match our Mojave systems.omegle xender

I also checked the Security Preferences in the MacOS System Preferences and I'm not seeing any KEXTs that need approaval. Any thoughts?

• Wed, Nov 17 2021 3:29 PM In reply to

Re: NEXIS Client 19.12.0.5 not seeing Storage on Catalina?

MBP w/ Apple Silicon?

Not supported yet AFAIK.

MC 2022, W11, ASUS z690m, Intel 13900K, Gigabyte 3080Ti Waterforce, 128GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, Big... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 17 2021 4:03 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 454
    • Points 5,480

you'll need nexis client 2021.8.0 or higher for M1 support. Are you sure you mean catalina? The newer machines are shipping with MacOS 11.6 Big Sur or 12.x Monterrey. 

There is a special prodcedure getting nexis client to operate on M1 Macs, documented on page 7 of the latest readme: https://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/AvidNEXIS/AvidNEXIS_ReadMe_v2021.8.2.pdf

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Wed, Nov 17 2021 4:14 PM In reply to

I sit corrected.

MC 2022, W11, ASUS z690m, Intel 13900K, Gigabyte 3080Ti Waterforce, 128GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, BM Mini monitor & Dell UP2718Q. MBP 2019, Big... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 17 2021 4:28 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,412
    • Points 29,930
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Dom Q. Silverio:

I sit corrected.

You need to get a standing desk.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Wed, Nov 17 2021 10:06 PM In reply to

BobRusso:
    You need to get a standing desk.

hahhaa Yes

• Mon, Mar 7 2022 7:20 AM In reply to

• farnandez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 7 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

GulbadinNaib:

Hi,

Saw that NEXIS client 2019.12 added Mac OS Catalina support and decided to test it on one of our new 16" MacBook Pros. After a clean install of the client, the NEXIS client opens fine, but is not showing any of our NEXIS storage solutions. I've confirmed that the remote hosts settings match our Mojave systems.gb whatsapp

I also checked the Security Preferences in the MacOS System Preferences and I'm not seeing any KEXTs that need approaval. Any thoughts?

Is the NIC showing in the Client Manager? Can you connect to the System Director in a browser? Ping the Server?

While Catalina is supported, the 16" MBP is not a supported computer.

• Tue, Mar 15 2022 8:31 AM In reply to

farnandez:

GulbadinNaib:

Hi,

Saw that NEXIS client 2019.12 added Mac OS Catalina support and decided to test it on one of our new 16" MacBook Pros. After a clean install of the client, the NEXIS client opens fine, but is not showing any of our NEXIS storage solutions. I've confirmed that the remote hosts settings match our Mojave systems.gb whatsapp

Is the NIC showing in the Client Manager? Can you connect to the System Director in a browser? Ping the Server?

I have one system that sporadically does not see any system in the client manager. Normally a reboot fixes.After a clean install of the client, the NEXIS client opens fine, but is not showing any of our NEXIS storage solutions.

• Tue, Mar 15 2022 1:07 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 454
    • Points 5,480

I have one system that sporadically does not see any system in the client manager. Normally a reboot fixes.After a clean install of the client, the NEXIS client opens fine, but is not showing any of our NEXIS storage solutions.

we really need more information: OS version, nexis client version, etc.

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Tue, Sep 27 2022 2:25 AM In reply to

• orovoid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 27 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

oscar clark:

farnandez:

GulbadinNaib:

Hi,

Hello there did you find any solution yet?

Regards.

• Sat, Oct 1 2022 7:11 AM In reply to

• arshi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 1 2022
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

GulbadinNaib:

Hi,

Saw that NEXIS client 2019.12 added Mac OS Catalina support and decided to test it on one of our new 16" MacBook Pros. After a clean install of the client, the NEXIS client opens fine, but is not showing any of our NEXIS storage solutions. I've confirmed that the remote hosts settings match our Mojave systems.

I have no idea why is not showing any of your NEXIS storage,  but the information is helpful. i am not going to install any NEXIS.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller